DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
CARLISLE ONE WORLD CENTRE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Management Committee of Carlisle One World Centre (COWC) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Management Committee of COWC complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in the particular geographical area as specified in our constitution.
• To administer supporter records.
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity.
• To manage our employees (whenever we have them) and volunteers.
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications).
• To inform you of news, events and activities of COWC.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events and activities and process your Gift Aid donations and keep you informed about other relevant events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:-
o the process relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes) and
o there is not disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other supporters of COWC in order to carry out a service to other supporters or for purposes connected with COWC. We will only share your details with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data as long as you are a supporter of COWC or maintain a connection with COWC.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Management Committee of COWC holds about you.
• The right to request that the Management Committee of COWC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Management Committee of COWC to retain such data.
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller. This is known as data portability.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and process conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instant contact COWC (firstname.lastname@example.org – 078814888566)
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 030 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF