Role Description for the Treasurer of Carlisle One World Centre
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns and accounts.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Where necessary, assist the bookkeeper in responding to financial queries from any of the above in an agreed timely manner
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the committee meeting following the AGM.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Oversee regular reconciliations
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies including financial information to be submitted with grant applications.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with an independent examiner
- Organise the updating of the bank account mandate, when required
- Undertake the quarterly and annual PAYE system tasks (required even though the charity currently has no employees)
- Record gift aided donations and submit gift aid claims to HMRC
- Arrange annual insurance renewal
- Complete periodic requests from Valuations Office Agency re business rates
- Prepare annual accounts following 31 March financial year end
- Provide Development Officer with list of supporters in preparation for circulation of AGM information
- Prepare AGM financial presentation
- Complete and submit Corporation Tax return (within 8 months of financial year end if required by HMRC)
- Attention to detail
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the use of Pivot Tables to create summary reports
- Ideally, knowledge and experience of fundraising / finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally